Monday, June 23, 2008

Thursday 6/19 trip to San Diego

I'm going to start posting up the pics and videos from our little jaunt to San Diego. I can't even begin to tell you how excited Griff was when he learned we were going on an Airplane, he was telling everyone within earshot. It was really funny. I had everything packed and in the car without Griff knowing, so he had no idea what we were doing until we actually got to the airport. Even then, he was more into the planes landing and taking off, until he finally asked what we were doing there. BTW, if you don't already know, I love surprises, even when it's an easy target like a 5-year old. :-D






New Luggage!!! Griff just slightly larger than the bag!


Griff talking to some random stranger about his trip; On the plane! It got full and Griff chatted up the poor kid next to us the whole time! :-)

Our trip was pretty good. It took a lot longer than planned, because of delays on both legs of our flight. We were an hour late to PHX, luckily our next flight was also an hour late or we'd have missed it. I misread the board and waited at the wrong gate - luckily I looked one last time and we ran down to the right gate just in time to get on. Griff was happy to be in AZ, since that is where he was born. In fact, he's a little obsessed with AZ, and kept asking all trip if we were in AZ. Funny how kids' brains work sometimes...

When we got to San Diego, it was so late that our rental car company had closed and we had to go to Avis. They only had SUV's so we got completely hosed on the rental car, cost me about double what I had planned. The $4.72/gallon of gas didn't help ;-)

We finally got into the hotel at about 1am and we just passed out...

No comments:

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog