Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes!!!!

I watched the news last night (first time in ages) because I was stuck working until 1am, and it was on. I saw this story about Salmonella from tomatoes and the number one type of tomato on the dangerous list was - ROMA! Guess what I have sitting on my counter in my kitchen?????

Yeah, a couple of little hand-grenades! I was afraid to even touch them after my food poisoning the other day! Needless to say, these little gut-bombs won't be making it into my salad! Even McDonald's and Taco Bell are pulling tomatoes from their menus - that tells you it's serious!

How can you tell if your tomatoes could have salmonella? (no, licking them and waiting for symptoms is NOT the way to check!!!!)

This VIDEO will tell you which ones are OK. Looks like those of you who don't like tomatoes have it right!!! :-D

Washington Post Article

2 comments:

stacy h. said...

i tried to feed sean a blt today! i forgot about this whole thing. he was like, "no way" i bet he thought i was secretly trying to kill him. ;)

stacy h. said...

by the way, sean changed my name to momma, i don't know how to change it....

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog