Saturday, June 14, 2008

Ga-Loon!

So random, out of the blue activity, I went up to Lagoon with some new friends. I haven't been to Lagoon in I don't know how long, but it all came back to me when I got there. Long lines in the hot sun and $4.00 bottled water! Whoo-Hoo!

I hit the Colossus, still a pretty fun ride after all these years. They have a new one called wicked that is super fun, and we did this slingshot thing where you're in a ball and it shoots you straight up in the air - HIGH, and you spin and go up and down a few times, it was SO fun!!!

I did the Tidal Wave, and somehow it's not as scary as when it was brand new, I wonder if it doesn't go as high as it used to. The wild mouse did not disappoint, I thought for sure we were going over the edge at every turn, that ride is a trip. And the freefall ride is so much fun!

Tidal Wave from the skyride


Freefall tower from the skyride

There's also a newer Spider ride that is pretty cool, your car spins as you go around the track so it's a bit disorienting but really fun. I do like roller coasters, but at the end of the night, I was definitely feeling the effects in my head and neck! So I'm looking forward to some rest, might have a touch of heatstroke too LOL.

I don't think I'd do Lagoon more than once a summer, but it can be pretty fun. Maybe it's time for a 6-flags trip. I think my client in LA may need a visit :-D

No comments:

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog