Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Saturday June 21, The Zoo and The Beach

Saturday was another hot, beautiful day in San Diego. We started with some delicious breakfast snacks and headed out to the pool at the hotel!


Griff loves the Pool!!! Made some new friends as well, he always does!
Here are a few Zoo pics:

This Spitting Cobra was ticked! 25'Anaconda! All you see here is his giant head! Griff loved the snake exhibit, we went back 3 times (Snakes, sharks, what is with this kid???): this rattler was creepy, thought Stacy might like it!

Griff and Hippos; Polar Bears, probably my favorite animal at the zoo.
Griff with the Polar bear statues


The Pandas were super cool, no Kung-Fu though????


Baby Panda

On the bus tour; Griff at the Koi Pond, watching snapping turtles eating guppies


Griff and a Llama :-D This sign cracked me up. I know people who need this sign LOL

I have more zoo pics, but let's move to the beach. Griff had never been to the beach before, so I didn't know how he'd like it, and the California Pacific is very cold right now! But, as you will see, Griff LOVED the ocean! He even got pretty daring and went out beyond the first little break and out to the second. He did NOT want to leave the ocean and stayed out there a good hour. Mission Beach was packed as usual, but it's a pretty good beach. LOTS of seaweed. Here are the pics and video!


You really can't tell from these pics but the beach was pretty crowded. Still, Griff had a blast. Mission Beach boardwalk has a bunch of carnival rides and Griff, on the way out, said to me, "Dad, I wish there was a ride named Griffin!" "Why's that Griff?" "Cuz then I could ride it whenever I want and we could come all the time to ride it." According to that logic, I wish there was a Porsche named Ryan! :-D


This is at Cane's Cantina. Their food was SOOOO good and they also had the Ultimate Fighter Finale on TV, so it was good times. As you can see, I'm still shiny from the SPF 70+ sunblock. That stuff didn't come off without an elephant washer and heavy duty cleanser!

I think that's enough. If you want to see more pics, call me B-)

1 comment:

stacy h. said...

you guys did SO many fun things! i love that his fav part was legoland though. such a 5 year old! :)

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog