Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Live from eCenter!!!! :-D

Paul and I rockin out to some STP!

Paul and I headed over to the eCenter in West Valley (apparently they're VERY proud they're in West Valley???) for a concert. I don't think either of us had HUGE expectations. For one, STP hasn't been together for a while. So, we figured they're probably partially broke and needed to generate a little revenue. We felt our thoughts were correct when we saw the concert T-shirts were $45!!!!!!! Yeah, we didn't bother with it. :-)

So, we went and found our seats - VERY good seats actually straight away to the stage and only 5 rows up. Not too shabby for $15 a ticket (actually $7 before they tacked on all the fees, but $15 is still super cheap.) Unfortunately some idiot decided to spill his beer on me before the show even started! He claims he slipped on a wet spot on the steps...there was no wet spot except around me now. So, the jeans are in the wash.

Ok, back to the show (and I took some video, I'll have to see if any of it is any good.) Basically we were hoping they'd play a lot of songs from Core (the album cover is below) and some other good songs sprinkled in. We were not disappointed! I think since our expectations were kind of low, we really loved that they just basically rocked all night! They played almost every song from Core. They played Paul's favorite STP song 2nd, so he was stoked. I was waiting for Dead and Bloated the whole time, and Paul kept saying it'd be the encore song... HE WAS RIGHT! And it was AWESOME!!!!! I was very happy - I have some video to prove this, we'll see if it gets posted. :-)

EDIT: So, I went through the video and it's mostly crap, but this one is SO funny, I have to post it. This also shows what a good sport I am because this is HILARIOUS, I'm dying right now as I listen to it...so without any further ado, please enjoy Dead and Bloated :-D:

The crowd at this concert was surprisingly calm - which is weird for a rock concert - but they got plenty loud (nothing like a 311 concert though ;-) ), and I only smelled a little dope, so apparenty quite a bit better than the Kanye West concert the other day. There was a 50-year old lady behind us that asked us to sit down cuz she coulnd't see. Paul and I just looked at her incredulously and moved over a section where people were standing and rocking. Who goes to a STP concert to SIT? What 50-year old chick goes to a STP concert? Mysteries of the universe I guess...

Bottom line is Paul and I had a great time, it was a really cool concert, STP didn't disappoint and it was $15 well spent! YES!

Questions and comments, you know what to do ;-)

2 comments:

Rylee said...

Reece speaking: If I remember correctly havn't you had beer dumped on you before? And it sounds a bit like the concert I saw a few years ago, did they drop down the chaise lounge from the ceiling and rock accoustic for a little while? Also did he pull out the megaphone for dead and bloating? And what's the deal with the really old dude behind you? Not that you two are spring chickens.

Reece

Ryan Hadlock said...

No lounge, and they never went accoustic, rocked all night. And you reminded me of anothe story I forgot.

And, yes this is the 2nd time I've had been spilled on me! Not happy about this trend...

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog