Sunday, June 1, 2008

Bonneville Shoreline Trail - Draper

I've been reading on Utah Moutain Biking that there are all kinds of trails up here by my house, so I decided to go do some exploring and see what I could find.
I started off by going to the wrong hangliding park, and the wind was no good so I didn't even get to see any hangliders while I wasted 30 minutes. Then I drove to the right place and it was closed because they're making it all fancy for the hangliders (I did learn that there are 2 hanglider launch points by me, so I guess that's interesting...)
So, here are some pics from the trail that runs right along Mike Weir road in Draper - amazing that this trail just runs right along such a populated area, cuz you'd never guess in a lot of spots.


Bike-Helmet hair

Stream running through the trail, you'd never guess the road is only 20 yards away

View of the valley from the trail, pretty cool if the lighting was better

Me with Helmet and new biking gloves, SO comfy :-D

The new Temple from the trail

The great and spacious building??? This thing is like 3x bigger than the Temple!!!

Beyond civilization

A cool pic I took

I forgot to put this in, I took this one-handed while doing a bit of downhill - enjoy!


No comments:

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog