Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Friday June 20th - Sea World

The day started out like every other day for me, working (yep even on vacation). While I was working, Griff took advantage of the time and ran all over the hotel. He had his own keycard for the room, so he just took off. He'd come back every few minutes, so I don't imagine he went too far each time. My Grandpa Arnold reminded me of when I went on a trip with him and Grandma Janice and did the same thing, but I'd go all over the hotel in the elevator and they had no idea where I was. So, I guess the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree :-D
Note: Griff is trying out the Hindu faith, thus the forehead dot.(Actually he did a faceplant off his skateboard apparently and that's all that got scratched :-D)

Anyway, we got to Sea World, covered in SPF 70+ sunblock (basically we got zero additional color). This stuff is like clear skin paint, we were shiny all day and didn't get an ounce of sunburn!

Without any further ado, here's the pics and video. I'll add commentary as time permits.
Feeding Sea Lions; Waiting for the Sea Lion/Otter show (very funny)



Pink Flamingos, Griff likes these for some reason: Frozen Lemonade, we drank about 10 of these!

Waiting for the Shamu Show. Ridiculously hot!; Shamu Jump - whoo-hoo!



Waiting for the Dolphin show; Dolphins jump! Yee-Haw
Dolphins jump, again; Shark tube, Griff's fav thing - we went 3 times!

Atlantis!!! Heading up the hill on Atlantis - this ride gets you WET and Griff wanted to ride!!!

Getting ready to head up the hill! Griff afterwards, not TOO wet (that would come...)


Another drink after Atlantis; On the kid's rides (this is flying fish I believe)

This is where Griff got soaked, at one point the fountain shot up his shorts and out the top of his shirt! SO funny, but I wasn't aware he was going to get this wet. He did this all on his own on one of his "escape from Dad" adventures...

Griff and Shamu; Skyride into the San Diego sunset
No trip to SoCal would be complete without this, now would it ;-) And that ended our Sea World day. 9 hours of walking around Sea World and Griff didn't want to leave. I was just looking for any bit of shade I could find. Once things cooled off some, it was REALLY enjoyable :-D I have more pics, but seriously, enough right? And I still have 2 days to go.
OH, I did forget this:


Just one question, where are the boots with the fur? (If you don't know what that means, ask someone younger than you :-D )

1 comment:

Andrea said...

What happened to Griff's forehead?

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog