Friday, June 6, 2008

Kung Fu Panda!

Griff and I went to see Kung Fu Panda! I'd say we both enjoyed this movie a lot. There were times Griff could not stop laughing, so I was happy about that. I had a momentary lapse in parenting with regards to the snacks. The "Large Deal" is two large drinks and a large popcorn for $12.75. We don't need two large drinks so I told the kid behind the counter to just make one a medium and he WOULD NOT DO IT! I mean logic completely escaped this kid. SO, I let Griff have the Large drink, thinking he'd just drink some of it. WRONG! He drank the whole thing, in addition to destroying the Large popcorn! I did make him stop eating it at one point so he wouldn't get sick, but he ate a LOT. Needless to say, he peed about 10 times after the movie and before bed. I'm surprised he didn't pee his pants, frankly.


Not exactly chronological for the afternoon, but this is the two of us waiting out front for our time to go into the movie. The weather was trying to be nice, but Griff still had long sleeves and I had a sweat jacket on, more for the freezing theatre than for outside, but I was still comfortable outside too. Griff wouldn't make a nice face, so this is what I got...goofy kid :-D

I tried to capture a pic of the movie itself but it didn't turn out that great. Jack Black was so funny as Po the Panda. He has some great lines, and since it's Jack Black, you can just imagine him saying these things so it makes it all that much funnier. At one point he takes a shot to the privates and he calls them his "tenders" and I about fell out of my chair, as did just about every adult guy in the theatre, where the kids just thought it was funny that he got smacked. I would put this movie on par with like Surf's Up, which I also liked a lot. Way more kid-oriented than say Bee Movie, and not as dumb as say Ratatouille (neither of us were really fans of that one).

So, great kid movie, and if you're a Jack Black fan at all, you adults will enjoy it as well. I'll give it 4.5 out of 5. I'd watch this one again and again. So, enjoy! B-)

No comments:

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog