Thursday, December 20, 2007

Utes beat Navy!

Well the Utes won another whopper of a bowl game, the San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl! Whoo-Hoo!!! I had tickets to this game, and I wanted to go, but I did a real poor job planning and didn't realize I couldn't go! DUH! So, I lost $70, cuz I also didn't get the tickets on Craig's List in time to sell them, not that it was a sell-out anyway, and $35 a piece was for the good seats! (As opposed to the Hundreds of dollars to get good seats at the Fiesta Bowl (Utah's last REAL bowl game)).

So the Utes started really slow and fell behind at one point 17-7 and it wasn't looking good, but then they woke up and rattled off 21 straight points to go up 28-17. Navy made it interesting at 28-25 but then Utah stopped them on 4th and 2 on their own 7 yard line and then punched it in from there to go up 35-25 with less than 2 minutes to go - game over right? Yeah, not with a Kyle Whittingham coached team (I hate you so much Kyle!) The Utes gave up a big play and inside of a minute Navy had the score to 35-32! Then the unthinkable, Navy recovered their on-side kick with 57 seconds to go, or so. Are you KIDDING ME??? Could the Utes be any more poorly coached? THEY KNEW IT WAS COMING and still couldn't stop it. Anyway, Navy's kicker is no good so they had to get quite a few yards and tried to do so through the air. The Navy QB has a WEAK arm and threw an easy pick - game over finally, Utah prevail 35-32. The Utes now are tied for the longest bowl winning streak at 7 with BC's 7 in a row! BC still have to play this year, let's hope they lose! :-D

Anyway, I'm happy the Utes won, I still think they should fire Kyle Whittingham, I have since day 1. And 2 losses to the Cougs does not make for a happy Crimson Club! Bring in some new blood and let's get the team looking like it did under Urban Meyer again!

GO UTES!!!!

No comments:

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog