Friday, December 7, 2007

Classic Rock

I recently picked up the updated "Mothership" best of Led Zepplin albums.

I have the Best of Jimmy Hendrix on the iPod.

You can really tell which bands really qualify as Classic Rock, not just tired rock, when you bring these back up on the playlist.

Zepplin totally holds up - such a great sound, bluesy, catchy, sharp-edged, melodic - they have it all! Robert Plant's unique voice just adds to the mystique.

Hendrix, well what do you say about Hendrix. Well as the guy at Wiseguys said the other night, he kicks a**! And yes he said it with the asterisks :-D I still don't think there's anyone that can play the guitar like Jimmy, and definitely not left-handed. Also very bluesy, hard-edged, and consistent.

If you're a classic rock fan, definitely pick up Mothership (or come copy it from me) and I have Hendrix on the iPod so you can get that too.

No comments:

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog