Monday, December 24, 2007

This is just a top ten list of my favorite and least favorite reality shows of all time (that I actually watched) I'll expand on the reasoning if I get really bored some day. I had to update this post because of some newish shows I've caught over the last few days :-D

Best:

1) Fear Factor (still my all-time favorite - I'll watch the re-runs every time they're on!)
2) The original Survivor (for maybe the first 3-4 seasons)
3) Amazing Race (super interesting, always teams you love to hate, quality TV!)
4) The Surreal Life (funny and scary every time!)
5) The Ultimate Fighter (current favorite)
6) The Contender (cool to see these guys actually make it in pro boxing)
7) Last Comic Standing (SO funny)
8) American Idol (you can't help but pick favorites, no matter how bad the judges are)
9) The Apprentice (The Donald and Ivanka are awesomely bad!!!!)
10) Road Rules vs Real World Challenge (Derek kicks butt!!!! LOL)

Worst:

1) America's Top Model (Tyra Banks - nuff said)
2) Temptation Island (any reality show based on hooking people up is 2 thumbs down)
3) Love Ship (see $2)
4) Wife Swap (just uncomfortable - only funny when Dave Chappelle makes fun of it)
5) Shot at Love (unbelievably gross - like a trainwreck)
6) Bachelor (Bachelorette)
7) I love New York (setting new levels of skankitude)
8) Flavor of Love (more like Flavor of penicillin)
9) Hogan knows Best (just stupid - not enough vitamins and prayers for the Hulkster I guess) 10) Beauty and the Geek (just DUMB!!!!)

Honorable mention:

Good:

NEW: Snoop Dogg's Father Hood (very staged but pretty funny! Snoop-a-loop is hysterical, especially hanging out with David Beckham!)
Average Joe (Good ending)
Newlyweds (I always felt bad for Nick, but I watched every episode)
Gene Simmons: Family Jewels (ruined the image of the god of thunder, but really funny!)
There was one reality show that was actually a FAKE reality show called Joe Schmo, on Spike, that was SO funny.
Dog the Bounty Hunter (before his racism caught light!)
Run's House (THE most spoiled kids I've ever seen - worse than "My sweet 16")
Keeping up with the Kardashians (Bruce Jenner is hilarious!!!)

Bad:
Sunset Tan (Yet, somehow I watched nearly the whole marathon! I've never seen dumber, more narcissistic people in my life! But I had no idea there was so much money in tanning!!!)
The Britney and K-Fed one (watched one episode)
The Carmen Electra and Dave Navarro one (one episode)
The country music American Idol (one episode)
Dog eat Dog (Brooke Burns was hot but couldn't save the show's premise)
Age of Love - Mark Phillipousis???
My sweet 16 (the episode with the boy was the worst thing I've ever seen on TV)

Shows I need to check out:

Rob & Big (Sean and Stacy rave about it)

2 comments:

Rylee said...

didn't you already post this?

Ryan Hadlock said...

Yeah, I updated it and moved it back to the front page - got bored I guess.

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog