Saturday, March 28, 2009

Monsters vs. Aliens


We went and saw MONSTERS VS ALIENS - in 3D!!!!

And it was really cool. The 3D was excellent - I like it when it tricks you into thinking you can touch the characters on the screen because they come right at you. So, that was cool. And the movie was pretty funny. Rainn Wilson (Dwight Shrute of the Office) plays Gallaxhar, the alien bent on destroying Earth, so that's pretty funny. The monsters and several other characters, most notably the President of the U.S., are also very funny so this was definitely worth seeing. Griff thought it was hilarious and was doing his laugh that makes me laugh (as well as several people around us) so it was good times had by all.

For some reason we had to pay full price for this movie even though it was matinee time, I guess because it was in 3D or something? So that kind of stunk, but we still had a good time. We got popcorn, and it was refillable - I've never seen anyone eat so much popcorn as Griffin did. I won't be surprised if he poops popcorn the next time he has to "go"! (and I'm sure you all love reading that ;-) )

So, I'll give this flick a 4 out of 5. It wasn't as funny as Kung Fu Panda but it was way better than Wall-e and Ratatouille. It was funny and the kids will love it!

No comments:

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog