Thursday, March 12, 2009

Resolution Roadblock

Well, just as in any good reality show, the producers come up with challenges to throw a monkey wrench in a contestant's plans - or - they edit things to make it look like one thing will happen when a totally other thing happens - always keeping us on our toes, right?!?!

Well, I'm only a few days into my resolutions and I already have a roadblock! Check it out:


Yeah, that's my left ankle! Even in this picture you can't really tell how swollen it is! I couldn't even get a shoe on (thus the flip-flops)
Have you ever seen one of the basketball highlights where a guy goes for a rebound and comes down on someone else's foot and their ankle touches the floor while their leg is still straight up and down? Yeah, that's what happened! I've never had a real ankle injury like this - but I have strong ankles so I think it'll heal up quickly.
So, what will I do about my workouts??? Oh, I'll still work out - just no running or squats for a while, I'll have to figure out how to compensate for that. I'm also not sure what I'm going to do about shoes, since you can't wear flip-flops at the gym.

Anyway, a little ice and some rest and the ankle should be fine. Anyone wanting to bring me treats, movies, confortable pillows to rest the ankle on, etc. Please feel free, just no junk food ;-) and you may even make it into the reality show that is me accomplishing my goals B-)

2 comments:

Rylee said...

I've had my ankles look like that before. Hurts like hell. Ice it till it is totally numb then walk around in a figure eight until the feeling comes back then repeat as often as possible. At least that worked for me. Just wait till it turns nasty black and blue! Did it happen playing bball?

Ryan Hadlock said...

Yep, pick up hoops at the gym. I had on running shoes too, probably didn't help ;-)

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog