Friday, March 13, 2009

Chili's

No, I'm not doing a restaurant review on Chili's, everyone knows if they like Chili's or not. I like Chili's but it's just OK food, I think we all know that. HOWEVER, Chili's causes one of my biggest pet peeves to kick in - and that is smelling like fajitas after eating there! Seriously, I have never been to Chili's where the guy at the table next to me hasn't ordered fajitas and without fail, I come out of there smelling like I just attended a Mexican cookout and I have to change clothes! Stale fajita smell ends up smelling like you haven't washed your clothes in three weeks of straight wear. It's nasty.

So, as the problem-solver that I am, I think we should all sign a petition to get Chili's to create a "No Fajita" area in the restaurant - kind of like the old "No smoking" zones. That way one can dine at Chili's without having to wash clothes afterwards. Is there anything worse than eating at Chili's and then going to the movies and having to sit in that smell for 2 hours before you can get home to change? By then it's in your hair and on your skin, and practically requires a wire brush to scrub off! And you can't just throw your fajita clothes in the hamper, you have to take them down to the wash immediately or the smell permiates throughout all the dirty laundry making your whole closet stink! (at least my closet, because that's where I keep the hamper). And I have to believe that there are "second hand fajita smell" complications like with second-hand cigarette smoke! I'm sure at some point there will be a causational relation discovered between fajita stink and irritable bowel syndrome, just as if you ordered the fajitas yourself!

Please, if you like Chili's but hate the fajita stink, please comment here and I'll get the petition started. Maybe I can get President Obama to do something about this too, he seems to have his grubby little mitts in everything else - and this is more important than steroids in baseball, though maybe not as important as doing away with the BCS and getting a playoff in college football.

No comments:

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog