Wednesday, March 11, 2009

311 Day!!!!



Well, I can't believe another year has come and gone, but yes, it is 311 day again! I remember 311 day 2008 and here it is 2009 already and guess what?!?!?!?! New album on the way!!!! Yep, "Uplifter" the first 311 album in 3 years drops JUNE 2nd, 2009 in the US! Crazy! And that obviously means a new tour (though, do 311 ever stop touring??? We certainly hope not :-D )

311 concert June 2008

I'm sure some of you are wondering why I like 311 so much. Well, the first thing is it's something I have in common with my brothers. I've really enjoyed going to the concerts with Paul, listening to non-stop 311 as we drive to mountain biking, etc and the good memories we have with 311 as our background music. Second, I like that they are unique. I don't know of any other band that blends rock, reggae, funk, rap, and even some mellow tones into such a cool sound. Others blend rock and rap or reggae and rap, or funk and rock but no one blends so many sounds so successfully - that I have ever heard anyway.
I do hope the new album is more along the lines of the blue album, but I'm sure there are some good tunes forthcoming no matter the direction. In observance of 311 day 2009, enjoy some 311 videos!!!!

So, Happy 311 day everyone - Stay Positive and Love your Life!!! (Gifts are certainly appropriate :-D )

Live Chat tonight at 7pm MST - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/official311

No comments:

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog