Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Griff's game 8/19

Folks, Griff is AWESOME!!! He had 4 goals tonight and had a 5th disallowed (they always protect the goalie WAY too much, that little girl didn't have a good grip on the ball :-D )

His team is actually pretty good - there are 2 other boys and 1 little girl that are pretty good also. Another boy, Luke, scored the 5th goal for a 5-0 blowout. When the coach put them on the field at the same time as Griff it was like ManU pounding a hapless MLS team :-D The other team tried to bring in a Mexican ringer, but he was no match for the swarming defense of Griff's team (there is a really big girl on the team who just pushes everyone down, including her own teammates! It was pretty funny!)

Anyway, here is some video, I have some pictures but they're on my camera so I need to move them over.


2 comments:

Rylee said...

No one in my family ever really played soccer, so I've never experienced little kids soccer..but now I see the meaning of "magnet ball", that first video is hillarious.

Dave and Amy said...

That is so great and funny! I can't wait to see him.

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog