Monday, August 25, 2008

East coast trip

I got to go out to Connecticut recently for work and figured I'd take advantage and visit Boston for the first time (I have been through Logan airport before, but that hardly counts).
I flew into Hartford CT and drove down to Stamford for my meetings. Things went well with my clients so I'm happy about that and things are still going well with them since, another thumbs up there! So, when I was done with my meetings, I drove to Boston (about 1.5 hours the other direction from Hartford, but not a bad drive at all - until I tried to go back to Hartford - unreal traffic!!!)
Here are some pics, I didn't have time to do a lot, so I mostly stuck around the area around Fenway, which was really fun! I will make plans to go back and visit another time. By the way, you should all know how I feel about East Coast sporting teams, but going to Fenway was REALLY cool, there is so much history there and I took the tour, which was really good and well worth the $12! The Sox have an amazing history, yet I still don't care if they win or lose ;-) I have more pics if anyone wants to see them.

(click to make larger):


Yep, you can even go to Fenway High School :-D

This bar is in the stadium and has a huge open section in Left field so you can sit and watch the game at field level, pretty cool!

The sports bar attached to the stadium where I ate dinner, SUPER GOOD clam chowder!

YAY! We're #2!!! I just thought this was funny, it's right across from the stadium.

Where I had lunch, I went with the pizza and was disappointed, guess that's why you've never heard of Boston-style pizza.

The latest World Series banners for you new "fans" ;-)

The field from atop the Green Monster, These are such cool seats!

View of Boston from Fenway

Me and the Green Monster (sounds like a Disney movie title or something doesn't it???)


The Green Monstah!

Me outside Fenway, photo taken by a little chinese guy who I tried to help take pics of his son and him but his camera was toast! They're going to get home and not have a single clear picture. I felt bad and even tried to let them use my lens, but it wasn't compatible with the camera body he had. Oh well...

I'm pretty sure the guy driving this lovely Fenway-mobile lived in it. Definitely a die-hard fan but he needs to install a shower. I would have gotten a picture of him, but I was afraid he'd attack and bite me and give me rabies or something!!!

No comments:

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog