Monday, July 7, 2008

Live from "The Hulk!"

Went to see the Hulk with Curt this evening. It was pretty good. I like Ed Norton, who plays Bruce Banner, and they filmed a lot of it in Brazil so they spoke a lot of Portuguese, which I like hearing. The funny thing is the sub-titles weren't always right like at one point a guy is talking to Bruce about Anger and he says Medo - which is Fear in Portuguese, not Anger. There were several little things like that I caught. Anyway, nothing of consequence, so it didn't detract from the movie.

This version was a lot better than the version that came out a few years ago with the Hulk that could jump so far he was basically flying (SO STUPID!!!) It was not, however, better than Ironman. Ironman got one of my highest ratings I believe so I'll go just a touch lower on this one and say 4 out of 5. It is a pretty violent, so not a kid movie, though there wasn't much bad language and no sex, so it's pretty good in that respect.

Liv Tyler is also in this movie and she is a good love interest. She's a good actress I think, and she's pretty in kind of a unique way, which I like, so she was cast well in this part I think. William Hurt as the General trying to catch the Hulk was very good, and the main antagonist besides Hurt was also very good - Tim Roth, who some of you may remember from Pulp Fiction.

So, good flick especially if you're a comic-book movie fan, if not, maybe wait for the video. I think you'll like it regardless if you're an action movie fan.

No comments:

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog