Sunday, July 20, 2008

Griffin beats Rampage!

No not my Griffin, Forrest Griffin in the UFC! I can't believe I forgot to post this! Griffin is my favorite fighter and he's now the Light-Heavyweight champion. Rampage talked a LOT of smack leding up to this fight, they were the coaches on the last season of the Ultimate Fighter reality show and Griffin just bided his time to the fight. The fight went all 5 rounds and Griffin won a unanimous decision. I still haven't seen the fight, I couldn't make it that night to go see it, but I heard it was a war and of course Griffin looked like he'd been run over by a train - but he wins! That's what I like about him, the guy can take a punch - Rampage is no slouch, he put down Chuck Lidell pretty easy!

Anyway, here's a link if anyone cares: http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=EventDetail.FightCard&eid=1200

Now I want to see Griffin fight Anderson Silva! That dude is unreal, and he is mowing down opponents in the UFC right now. I think that would be the ultimate test for Forrest right now. Probably won't be for a while though!

No comments:

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog