Monday, July 28, 2008

I'm the Batman!



I went and saw Batman - The Dark Knight and it was awesome. I really liked it. It was a good sequel to Batman Begins - though I think I liked "Begins" better than this film, this one was still REALLY good. "Begins" was one of the best movies I've ever seen, it was excellent. Anyway, Christian Bale was really good as Bruce Wayne/Batman (hope I'm not giving anything , away there :-D ) Michael Caine is solid as Alfred again, Morgan Freeman is good as Lucius Fox, Aaron Eckhart is good as Harvey Dent, etc, etc, etc. I'm not a real Big Maggie Gyllenhall (sp?) fan, but she's good as Rachel Dawes! Gary Oldman was good as James Gordon. The only weird casting was Nestor Carbonal as the mayor of Gotham (which, is in CHICAGO! I always thought it was New York) - that def did not fit.

Anyway, the movie is dark, but not as dark as the first movie. I'd say it's a bit more violent than the first. The thing that made this movie really memorable, and I'm sure you'll hear this from just about anyone who sees it is Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker.
He was SO good, SO believable, and just SO much into the role, he is truly creepy and scary. If ever this type of movie would draw Oscar nominations, I'd say he deserves one for Best Supporting Actor. It's really too bad he's dead (of course, since he was so young!) because this role could really have defined his career (way more so than "Brokeback Mountain" hopefully...)
So, don't take your kids to this one, take someone brave with you if you get easily scared, and really enjoy this movie, it's really well done. Don't drink too much cuz it's long and you don't want to miss anything!!! Def 4.5 out of 5!!!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

WELCOME BACK!!

I'm really jealous, we really want to go!!

Dave and Amy said...

Dave and I LOVED this movie. Loved Christian Bale and Heath Ledger. Neither of us like Maggie Gyllenhall, but she was alright. I felt like Rachel should have been someone pretty. We both thought Heath Ledger made the movie and agree that he should get an award for his performance.

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog