Thursday, May 1, 2008

Griffin's day 05/01/08 - MAY DAY!!!

Griff and I had a good night, as we usually do on Thursdays (anyone else think it's REALLY messed up that a state that is supposed to be family-oriented keep kids away from their dads like this? One day a week???? Anyway, just a little rant there ;-))

First up we went to have dinner at Max n Cheese. This is the Kid's restaurant where parents are "tolerated." I think that's pretty funny. They have all the kid's menu items - grilled cheese, quesadillas, hot dogs, hamburgers, sandwiches, etc. And they have a play area right in the middle. That's really all Griff wanted to do, but he did eat most of his quesadilla. There were lots of other kids there, and Griff made new friends. He didn't get any of their names, but he played with them - he's good at making new friends, very friendly, very outgoing! He informed me that when his fish dies (he's been a bit enthralled by death since Sully died so...) he is getting a dog and he's going to name him Max. I don't know how his cousin Max will feel about that, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there :-D

Right out front, ready to eat and play!

Here's the play area, Griff would have stayed here all night
Here is our meal. Griff had the quesadilla, and I had a spicy chicken wrap in a spinach tortilla - really good, lots of veggies and the grilled chicken was tasty!

Next we went bowling at Fat Cats with Grandma and Grandpa H. Pretty fun, even though I had the worst game of my life. Both Griff and I are way better at Wii bowling :-D Grandpa H had a pretty good round, bowled 5 or 6 spares in a row and several strikes.

4 comments:

Utah McMonsters said...

Ryan, It looks like you had lots of fun with Griff. I have been wanting to take Bostyn to that Max n Cheese place- now I HAVE to it looks so fun! I hope all is well!

Andrea said...

Sounds fun! Where is Max and Cheese?

P.S. Yes it was you I tagged!

Ryan Hadlock said...

Danica, Bostyn would love it and all is well, thanks! :-)

Andrea, I'll do the tag thing then!

Dave and Amy said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Maybe we can go bowling with Griff when Dave and I are there at the end of June. That would be fun. Griff is such a handsome boy. I miss him.

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog