Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Commander Rex - Clone Trooper

I went and got Griffin his Halloween costume at Target the other day, to make sure they still had one. Come to find out the had TONS of them (and they were on sale thank heaven - so cheaply made and pretty expensive!) so no worries there. I truly can't remember ever buying this kind of Halloween costume when I was growing up, we had these really funny monster masks (one was Frankenstein, can't remember the other) that had foam of some sort in the top to make the head square and then the face was mesh with the monster face silk-screened on it. It was made of mesh to allow you to breath when you pulled it on over your head, but it didn't work, you'd always have to pull the mask off or it felt like you'd suffocate. We had those for YEARS! I wouldn't be surprised if my mom still has them somewhere. I wish I knew what to Google so I could find a picture of them. A Google search of 70's or vintage Halloween Masks yields pages and pages of results with no luck, and Bing was even worse. Soooo, anyway, here are some pics of Griff as Commander Rex, Clone Trooper (from Star Wars for you laymen):

He needs a gun for this outfit, I'll see if I can find him one...
(side note: maybe I'll go as Obi-Wan Kenobi and wave my hand at people and say, "this is not the clone you're looking for")

Yes that's a Tae Kwon Do stance, he's ready to do battle. He did these poses all on his own, I'm a little worried :-D

Griffin with his Clone Trooper mask on, playing Lego Star Wars on Wii. It's true, he's addicted to Star Wars!

I think I told some people that I thought if I showed Griff his Halloween costume, he'd want to wear it all the time? Yeah, I was right - this is in the car on the way back to drop him off.

I got him some new winter clothes too, the kid grows so fast, the jeans I got him in March are easily 2" too short. Thank you Shawn White for Target!!!

1 comment:

Jim Hadlock said...

Mom: Yes, I do still have the mask. It is in a box in the outside storage room. I kept ALL the costumes most of which Grandma made for you kids. You did not have store bought costumes mainly because we couldn't afford them and Grandma LOVED Halloween. Next year when we are home we will get them down and see if there is anything Griffin would like to wear. Love you and Griff, Mom

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog