Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween

I would say we had a pretty successful Halloween, and I'm pretty sure Griff would agree! Friday, we went to the Trunk or Treat with Paul, Andrea, Kaja, Jaxon, and Blakers. Griffin had a very hard time containing his excitement and was almost always 2-3 trunks ahead of us. He had a very successful haul, as did the other kids.

Saturday, after working at Grandma and Grandpa H's house for while (are you kidding me with the leaves dad??? Jeez!) Griff, Paul, Sean and I hit the REAL match for some playoff soccer. It was great, they won 1-0 in the 88th minute, so we went home very happy. AND...Griff knew there was more trick or treating to be had...

So we went out again, this time with all the local cousins. Even Auntie Amy came along, despite just showing up from VA a few hours earlier. All in all, we had Stacy as a Vampire, Griff as a Clone Trooper, Kaja as a witch, Jaxon as a pirate, Quincy as a Bee, Blakers as a bat, and West as a frog. Quincy's cousin Avery came along too, she was Tinker Bell (because her mom was Captain Hook and her dad was Peter Pan - tights and everything - I was speechless when I saw Rob dressed up and all I could do was laugh. That guy is truly a good sport when it comes to costumes.) Griff also went out with his buddy Kamas and they scored lots of treats, but I didn't get any photos of that for some reason...

(Photo courtesy of Stacy)

I did happen to discover "chewy" Lemonheads & Friends, which was not a good thing because the are DELICIOUS and I ate way too many of them. Then, Stacy and Sean had Baby Ruth's and I ate a ton of those. Needless to say, I ate more candy in 2 days time than I had all year, so I'll be living at the gym this week. Luckily, I sent all the candy with Griff yesterday, so I don't have any more temptation.

1 comment:

Jim Hadlock said...

No more leaves than there have been for years Ryan! We are getting older and that job just might continue to be yours after we get home. We really appreciate you boys cleaning them up. They are a pain!!!!
We're so glad Griffin had a good time trick or treating! The picture of the kids at my Dad's is great!

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog