Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sky Box

Normally I don't think I would do a restaurant review of a sports bar. The food at a sports bar is So hit and miss. Sometimes it's decent and edible, other times it almost makes you want to be Vegan (ALMOST!)

Sky Box is different. I went last night to watch the UFC fights (super boring last night, not even worth discussing) and didn't plan on eating much - it was pretty late after the REAL match (WAY TO GO REAL!!!! Spanked the Crapids and made the MLS playoffs, great job!!!) and I'm trying to avoid the winter 15, so a lot of fried food at 10pm was not on the agenda.

However, Darryl, our server (nice guy!) came over just about as excited as I've ever seen a server in any restaurant and he was just dying to tell me about the special. I had already ordered my mango lemonade (D-licious at this place, the Peach is also very good!!!) and was pretty much resigned to ordering some cheese fries, I know, I know, I had already calculated how long I would have to be at the gym, to work those off, but I rationalized and I was ready to order. So Darryl starts telling me about the special. Get ready for this. Bacon-wrapped shrimp with jack cheese and jalapeno. So, hearing him describe the special had piqued my interest. But I hesitated. He then offered to get me one so I could try it, and he did. And I immediately upon tasting this culinary delight ordered a full plate of them! As I sat and ate possibly the tastiest thing I'd had in a while I wondered why ANYONE would give up eating bacon, it truly makes everything better!!! And the slice of jalepeno in there was such a nice touch, giving it just a touch of spice with the deliciousness of the bacon. Really, the shrimp and cheese were there just to hold things together I think. While I like both things, I could have gone with the bacon-wrapped jalepeno. :-D Oh, the plate also came with some nice mexican rice and steamed veggies, SO I got a nice serving of veggies into my diet for the day too! (actual veggies - squash, brocolli, carrots, zucchini, etc.) Really very nice. Good job Sky Box chefs! :-)

The Sky Box in South Jordan is actually very nice too. If you want to get a group of guys together (or girls, whatever) for a televised sporting event, I highly recommend the place. Clean, good service and surprisingly good food!

No comments:

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog