Saturday, May 23, 2009

Movie Review - Valkyrie


Well, I remember the previews for this movie making it appear very suspenseful and interesting. They did a great job on the previews, but the movie couldn't deliver. It was Sooooooo slow. I realize it was based on a true story, and that's probably the problem - you can't embellish a true story about trying to kill Hitler without certain groups of people getting very upset I'm sure. Kind of like not being true to Harry Potter books (or Angels and Demons, see below). So, the movie had potential to be interesting I guess, but ended up being very boring. It was kind of funny that they didn't even try to fake German accents after about 2 minutes into the movie. I guess a German accent is too hard to fake.

Anyway, the story is about an assassination attempt against Adolf Hitler. You'd think that would be very tense and suspenseful! Maybe Tom Cruise just couldn't deliver? Anyway, I'd give this a 2 out of 5 - Red Box rental if there is nothing else that looks even remotely better (even Griffin's Kirby movie was better than this!!!)

As always, if you disagree, feel free to let me know.

No comments:

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog