Friday, May 1, 2009

Hundred Pushups!

I've gotten really bored with my workout lately. So, I'm going to do the http://hundredpushups.com/ program! Lance told me about this and it sounds like a good challenge. One of my Facebook friends is doing it too, so Greg, if you read this, you're on man!

Readers, as you decide to do this too, let me know and we can run a challenge. I'll tell you right now, I'm not starting anywhere near stage 1, so you better bring your A-game!

My personal goal is 100 pushups by June 1. Any takers? Bring it!!! B-)

There's an iPhone app for it too, for "you" people.

May 2, 2009:

UPDATE! Just did the week 3 day 1 row 3 workout. Way harder than I thought to knock out the last 20 but I did it and realized this is going to be a real challenge, but I'm pretty excited about it. It's actually pretty fun. Who knew!?!?!?

May 4, 2009

Update - week 3 day 2 column 3 - 20, 25, 15, 15, 27 max. Count those up kids - 102 pushups! Resting 90 seconds between set, and I could do 2 extra before I fell on my face. So, I'm feeling very confident about 100 non-stop pushups by June 1!

May 6, 2009

22, 30, 20, 20, 28. I BARELY got the 28 in! That's 120 pushups! I even went after another set and knocked out 10 and fell on my face. Definitely burned out today.

May 9, 2009
Week 4, day 1, column 3: 21,25,21,21,32 - not too bad today. I did these first thing in the morning to see if there was any difference in time of day and stamina to complete the sets and there was no difference.

May 11, 2009
Week 4, Day 2, column 3: 25, 29, 25, 25, 36 - was BRUTAL. Actually, I think the problem is working the triceps and pectorals every other day. I'm going to take a few extra days off and max once to see where I am and continue with week 4, day 3, column 3. Otherwise, I think I'm doing more damage than good. No, I'm not giving up - I'm still shooting for 100 pushups by June 1!

May 18,2009
Tried to max today and my shoulders really hurt! I think Jill may have passed down some gimpy shoulders. I only managed 65 pushups, so not too happy about that but I'm undeterred! The goal will probably have to be pushed a few weeks.

3 comments:

Rylee said...

Reece and I are in. I'll challenge you to an arm wrestling match in May when we come up....juuuust kidding. I just did my test and I am only ranked 2. Sad.

Rylee said...

There's also 200 sit ups and 200 squats, I may do them all!

Ryan Hadlock said...

I'll do the others after this one!

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog