Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Park City

Sorry folks I have been severely slacking! Work has been insane lately. BUT, no excuses, here's a long awaited update:

Griff and I went to Park City to ride the Alpine Slide. When I looked it up online to see the schedule and cost, I noticed something I'd never seen before - the Alpine COASTER! Oh, we had to do both rides. I probably would have done the zipline too, but in all honesty it was a little pricey for one ride down each thing. SO, we stuck with the slide and the coaster and we were not disappointed! Plus as you can see, the weather was PERFECT! There is some video of each, and you'll hear me say I like that the only thing they tell you on the coaster is the car is attached to the rails and can't come off so there's no need to use the brake! LOL, OK - GAME ON - we went FAST!!!!!!!! Griff was a LITTLE tentative at first, but then he was totally into it and he loved it! I did too, it was pretty dang fun.






Getting set for the coaster!



Heading up the mountain! (couldn't get Griff in very well :-) )

Then we headed over to the slide. Griff was scared of this for some reason, but we saw a lot of people going down while we were going up Payday (the ski lift) and he got more and more excited. By the time we got to the top he was ready to RUN over to the slide to go down. And we had a blast - we went really fast again, though this ride doesn't move like the coaster (though you could potentially flip the cart out of the slide so it's exciting in its own right.

Heading up the ski lift

Heading down the slide!!!

After we did the coaster and slide we went and got some delicious dinner at the little restaurant right there at the foot of the lifts. It's amazing to me how good ski resort food can be sometimes, or maybe I was just REALLY hungry, but it was a tasty meal. Then we went and played in the maze for a while, but once Griff discovered you could short-cut the whole thing, he just kept doing that instead of exploring, it was pretty funny.

Griff is such a good boy and I can't believe how big he's getting and it sure is fun to go do stuff like this with him! I really like being his dad. :-)

No comments:

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog