Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Griff's soccer match 9/2

Griff's latest soccer match was a good one. I'll let you guess how many goals he scored, let's just say he'll be wanting to play for a bigger club next season and I think he'll bring a huge transfer fee. His team won 7-3. He did a pretty good job not taking the ball away from his team-mates so I was happy about that. I think the highlight of the match was Griff scoring from the opening kick off - yep, one kick straight from the center circle to the goal, with the goalie just watching it go by - TEACH THE KIDS SOMETHING!!!! JEEZ! Sorry, this is just getting a bit annoying. At least in Kaja's league they teach them rule #1 is "don't touch the ball with your hands." In this league they just don't care. I'm not sure why you bother if you don't teach them a few things at this age. I had a dad come up to me and tell me he was upset last week that Griff took the ball away from his son. I totally understand, and I've already spoken to Griff about this, but this guy is the coach's husband - well then, why don't you TEACH them what to do??? Is it me? It's him right? I'm pretty sure it's him. Another highlight was the goalies for Griff's team taking a few shots for the team. And then one of the little girls on the other team screaming at her coach, "I'VE HAD IT, I'M SICK OF THIS" until he took her off the field, it was pretty funny.

So, I told Griff to work on his defense this match and he was really good for the most part. Sometimes the kids just forget what they're doing. That's totally fine, and for the most part he did a great job getting back and taking the ball back from the other team. He is so much bigger than most of the other kids he kind of mows them over sometimes, but he's not aggressive about knocking them over or anything, just about getting the ball back, so that's good.

I still love that he is out there just having fun and smiling and laughing most of the time, which is pretty funny in and of itself.

His next match is Saturday at 11:00 on the East Field at Highland Town Center Park - 5490 W 10700 N in Highland. I can't make this game, I'll be out of town, so the more people that can make it out to cheer for him, the happier he'll be!!!

No comments:

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog