Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ultimate Fighter is BACK!

Yep, my favorite Reality show (wait, don't I say that a lot??? - I'm as bad as Andrea! LOL ) is back!

the Ultimate fighter on Wednesday nights on Spike! This is the show where guys fight it out to get a shot at a contract with the UFC and $100k. This season, instead of the coaches just picking who they want out of the 16 guys who made the show, the guys actually had to fight their way onto the show in elimination bouts. It was pretty cool, and this way there are no wienies getting on the show, which normally happens. There was one knock-out that was so brutal it kinda made me question watching this show (I mean the guy had NO idea where he was even an hour after the bout!), but the rest of the fights were really good. Unfortunately, the one guy from Utah got eliminated pretty easily - maybe he should try "American Idol" or "So, you think you can dance," or something.

The coaches for this season are Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Forrest Griffin (one of my favorite fighters) so it should be pretty cool. At the end of the show, these two are going to fight for the Light Heavyweight title that Rampage now owns. THAT will be awesome.

On a similar note: On the 19th there is a pretty good fight scheduled on Pay-Per-View between Matt Serra and Georges St. Pierre for the Welterweight title, I think I'll get it and invite over whomever wants to come watch it with me. Just let me know if you're interested. B-)

No comments:

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog