Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Well, here it is finally!!! 2008. If there is anyone happier than me to have 2007 over with I'd like to know who it is :-D

I had a REALLY fun New Year. I hit Vegas for a few days for the UFC fights, which was really fun and then Wendover for a day. And while there isn't as much to do in Wendover, it was still a good time.

The UFC fights didn't have the star power of Sean and Stacy's experience with the Boxing match a few weeks ago, but it was such a blast! The only famous people were David Spade and Mandy Moore, and I was nowhere near either of them. While at Breakfast one morning I saw Matt Hughes - one of the fighters, which was kind of cool. He ended up losing, and I think he looked really bad doing it, but that's how it goes. The guy is a 9-time welterweight champion so he's no slouch but the younger guy took it to him. Had some really good food, did a little shopping and people watching, which is really fun in Vegas, and overall had a really great time! Fortunately, the drive down and back were both very enjoyable. I think once Reece and Rylee move down there I'll have to mooch off them a little and stay with them rather than spending money on hotels :-D

I will be going through and doing my New Year's resolutions, we'll see if I post them here. 2008 is going to be SOOOOO much better than 2007, and I'm totally looking forward to it. Thanks to all my family and great friends old and new for making 2007 bearable (and even pretty great in some instances) despite all the crap than went on!

Oh yeah, and here's to the Jazz making it to the finals in 2o08 ;-)

2 comments:

reece said...

your more than welcome to come anytime, we're hoping to have a sweet blow up mattress.

Ryan Hadlock said...

That sounds sweet! I'll bring the Wii and guitar hero, I got one off eBay last night... :-D

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog