Friday, July 31, 2009

Restaurant Review - Lone Star Taqueria

Curt and I had appointments in SLC today so we hit the next stop on the Food Network's Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives SLC list - Lone Star Taqueria. Is it definitely a dive. It has a beat up old car on the outdoor patio, the chairs are all ancient metal chairs, old boots adorn the fence aroundthe patio and the place looks like it's 100 years old. However...

The food is AWESOME!

This is the guac, bean dip and chips. Sooooooooo good! The guac was pretty spicey too! The beans were mixed with fresh grated cheese and some kind of flavored sour cream - whatever it was, there was nothing left when we were through.

These are the fish tacos. I wasn't TOO excited when I saw the fish of the day was Salmon, but we vowed to try the house specialty, and this was it. I was NOT disappointed. It's fresh salmon, not battered, and just lightly fried - oh man, after these 2 I was ready to eat 5 more. The fresh, soft corn tortillas were delicious and the sauce was very light and flavorful! Seriously, just awesome. I may not be able to eat at Rubio's anymore after these fish tacos...OK, I still can, but I won't enjoy it quite as much :-D

I gotta give this place 5 stars, it was absolutely delicious! 2265 Fort Union Blvd - put it on your list of places to eat for sure!

1 comment:

Jim Hadlock said...

This is Mom: reading about and seeing pictures of great Mexican food is sheer torture. Dad spent $28 on six cans of refried beans the other day. We look forward to going there when we get home.

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog