Friday, July 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!!!!

Well, I'm officially the worst son ever. I missed my dad's birthday on Friday. But it wasn't my fault!!! I ran out of gas! I got a flat tire! I didn't have change for cab fare! I lost my tux at the cleaners! I locked my keys in the car! An old friend came in from out of town! Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT!!!

Actually, I have no excuses, I have no alibi. It simply skipped my mind. And I know when his birthday is, just lame on my part.

So, Dad, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I know you're not a big fan of birthdays since you hit the big ** (numbers deleted to protect the OLD!) but it's nice to remember you once a year at least. :-D

You are a GREAT Dad and Grandpa! Griff and I love you a lot. You're a terrific example of how to be a man, a father, a grandpa, a husband and missionary! Thank you for everything you do for me and Griff, you are very important to us.

I'll dig up some pics and add them here later (I don't have them on my work computer, and I need to get back to work :-) )

I hope your birthday was a good one down there in New Zealand, we miss you and appreciate the example you and mom are showing by sacrificing 18 months of your lives to help others. And for what it's worth, you don't look ** - so have an orange whip...or three. :-)

2 comments:

Jim Hadlock said...

Ry - thanks for the "Blue's Brothers reminder! An orange whip would be fine....No worries about the birthday, no one here knew??? I love you and Griff and I'll wait for the pictures. Love Dad

Jim Hadlock said...

This is Mom: You know Ryan if you could get a job quoting movies you would be set! That was really cute and Dad loved the message. He is an amazing person and I love being his wife and missionary companion and numbers mean nothing to him.

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog