Thursday, July 16, 2009

Red Iguana - Restaurant Review


I've long heard of the red Iguana, and it made it onto The Food Network's "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" http://www.foodnetwork.com/diners-drive-ins-and-dives/index.html

Curt and I went at lunch after a client meeting in SLC and this place did not disappoint! I believe what I said several times was that the "Killer Nachos" were quite possibly the best thing I've ever eaten. And I cleaned the plate! I was about ready to lick the plate when they were gone, but we had gone ahead and ordered Enchiladas Suizas too! WHY we ordered so much food it beyond me, but I'm glad I was able to try the enchiladas (and yes, I TRIED to eat them all, but there was just no way after the Nachos.) The Suizas come with the Mole Poblano, which when you read the ingredients you might think would taste pretty weird. In fact it was VERY tasty! Maybe not spicy enough for my liking, but very flavorful. Oh, the chips and salsa are really good too - just how I like it no chunks and really spicy!

The Red Iguana is right up there with Joe Vera's on the Mexican food list for me. I give it a solid 4.5 out of 5. I think if I had ordered fried Ice Cream as well it may have gotten the 5 (if they even have it, I didn't dare look at the dessert menu). If you're a fan of Mexican food, do NOT go at lunch time, the line was down the street. But DO go to the Red Iguana if you're in the area, it's just West on North Temple maybe 1/2 mile from the I-15 overpass. Go hungry!!!

No comments:

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog