Thursday, July 2, 2009

Griff's last at bat of the season.


First pitch swinging, good contact right up the middle and showing some serious speed up to first base. He was 3 for 3 hitting off his coach, made 2 plays from the pitcher position to first base and one play at 3rd base - an unassisted out.

The other team was REALLY good, really well-coached, and their kids could really hit and field. I have to say I was a bit jealous. However, they had a cute little girl with downs syndrome. Well, she was on first base and her teammate hit a ball right up the middle that the 2nd baseman scooped and looked around. I yelled TOUCH YOUR BASE, not realizing the little girl was the one running to 2nd (slowly) and I got some stink-eye looks for sure. I'm going to hell.

Anyway, I'm super proud of Griff, he played really well, had fun, and I think learned a little about the game. And he really liked it, which is important.

So, NICE JOB GRIFF! Soccer is up next!

No comments:

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog