Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Z-Tejas - Gateway



I'm pretty sure I've reviewed Z-Tejas before, but it is one of my favorite places! I haven't been in a long time because I don't get downtown a lot. But, I had a friend in need and we ended up having lunch there and well, I'm not one to complain :-D

It just so happened to be "Happy Hour" so we got appetizers (actually we didn't know it was happy hour, we just got a pleasant surprise when we got the bill and it was a lot less than we expected - sweet!!!) We ordered the "shrimp - guacamole quesadillas" and "potstickers" and I got their house salad as well - needed some greens and veggies!!! Everything was awesome, SO good! I got done eating and wanted more. I think the only potstickers I've ever had that were better were at Cheesecake Factory, surprisingly enough - and that might be just because the sauce is so good there you can drink it straight. The sauce at Z-Tejas is also tasty but not to the point of wanting to put it in a big gulp cup and drink it with a straw. Anyway, the shrimp - guacamole quesadillas were also excellent!!! I'm always a little wary of shrimp from a non-seafood restaurant in Utah, but it was very fresh and tasty - highly recommended. Oh, and the guacamole is "hand-hacked"! So that means it's good. Actually, I just thought the term "hand-hacked" was funny - it was actually very good!!! Not as good as Stacy's guacamole, but good for a restaurant!

I actually don't have any complaints about Z-Tejas at all, the service was excellent and the food was top-notch so I guess I'll have to go with 5 out of 5 - very rare but it does happen.

2 comments:

The Patrona said...

Z'Tejas is fired until they return their Ancho-Rubbed Pork, their most requested dish on the menu. I will however, keep visiting for the infamous Hand Hacked Guac. Liscious'!

Ryan Hadlock said...

Try the Diablo Chicken Pasta! Insanely good. Easily my favorite thing there.

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog