Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

I'm not sure why, but since I've been in charge of Easter for Griff a couple of times in the last few years, I've realized that I don't put a lot of thought into the part of Easter surrounding the Easter Bunny. I'm not sure why, we always dyed eggs and had easter egg hunts growing up, but for some reason - I always forget that part.
SO, Lance told me about the Lindon city Easter Egg Hunt and I decided to take Griffin down there. It started at 9, we got there at 9:03 and it was OVER! It was like piranhas stripping a cow who has wandered into the Amazon river! Just a buzz-saw of little kids stripping that park of all it's easter egg goodies. So, I decided we'd go over to Walmart and get a few things so Griff could do an easter egg hunt. We invited Griff's buddy Kamas over too, so it would be a bit more fun, and it was, despite the bad weather - it did stop raining long enough for us to get out there and hunt eggs! Here are a couple of pictures and some video:
34 candy filled Eggs and a sports-themed basket. The footballs and camo eggs proved hardest to find - or if I placed the eggs at eye level (as you'll see :-D )


Griff with the Easter goodies, pre-hunt.

Griff and Kamas start the hunt!
Soccer egg - part 1 (the boys try to find an egg at eye level :-D )

Finding the Soccer egg - part 2 (I begin to worry)

The finale (the last egg was a football egg - watch Griff walk right over it :-D )

No comments:

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog