Monday, February 25, 2008

The new car is here!!!

I went to take pictures and it started raining. So instead, I went for a ride to test the Quattro! That's right, I took the step up to Audi. Got myself an A4 3.2l V6 Quattro (about 1/2 the R8 shown at the bottom of this blog at 1/5 the price! :-D ) It is a very nice car. The best part is, it's a 2005 with only 14k miles, well 15k now :-D It's brilliant black with light tan interior. The iPod adapter is coming in Wednesday and it'll be perfect. Eventually I will put in a navigation system that will actually run the iPod like an iPod rather then all these stupid adapters that only show you what song you're on and nothing else.

I got a pretty dang good deal from Ken Garff. Not only does the car have super low miles, they added a 2-year 50k mile warranty to the remaining warranty - so I have about 3 years and 85k miles (ROAD TRIP!!!) Also, they kicked in free oil changes and the 25, 35, 45k check ups (these are like $400-$600 a shot!) and finally an additional 5-year 50k mile engine warranty. Oh, and the car originally had some really ugly wheels on it so I made then swap on some decent looking split 5-spoke 17's that actually look pretty nice. So, as some of you may know I really hated that Jetta, so I'm super stoked to be rid of it. I really wish I'd never traded in my R32, but this car is almost as fast and a little more refined, so it's totally cool, I love it! Gas mileage is pretty good too, so I'm happy about that!

I'll get pics up soon. I'm going to mess around with the Nikon and see what kind of sweet shots I can come up with. Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Congrats!! I was just thinking, did that car always remind you about our fun summer in Colorado?

Dave and Amy said...

I can't wait to see it. I love Audi's! I bet it is really pretty.

Ryan Hadlock said...

No, it reminds me that someone who shall remain nameless made me get rid of my favorite car of all time for a girl car! Yes, the Jetta is a girl car :-D

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog