Monday, February 25, 2008

I'm a home owner!

Yes, it's true...I finally got the stinkin loan closed on my house and it's official! I own a house again. I'm almost happier about this than I am about the car (almost :-D )

Jim and Jill have been super cool letting me crash at their place all this time, but it has been time for me to get out for a while. Thanks guys, I appreciate the excellent hospitality, you can have the house to yourselves again! I'll bring Griffin by a lot, don't worry about that.

So, after easily the worst loan experience I've had in the mortgage industry maybe ever, I finally got the loan closed and signed today (it should have been done 2 weeks ago and shouldn't have required almost all my savings!) Anyway, I'll get the keys on the 26th and start moving stuff in. I actually need to get my storage unit cleaned out so I won't have to pay for March. Boys, be ready to help move stuff this weekend - WHOO HOO!!!!!

Funny thing was, when I went to sign the papers, the girl who helped me will actually be one of my neighbors in the new place, funny huh! Small world I guess...

So, again, I'll have pics of the place up soon. Gotta get it cleaned up and situated first. Then we'll have some sort of house warming rager - I was thinking a UFC Pay Per View party, but then I realized there's maybe one other person I'd invite that like the fights, so maybe we'll do a "Scavenger Hunt" Party or something. Anyone who hasn't been indoctrinated with "Scavenger Hunt" let me know and I'll show you what's up. You won't be disappointed. If you are, I'll show it to you again until you agree it's one of the greatest things you've ever seen. ;-)

Oh, and since it has a garage, my car will be so happy to be out of the elements and in its own little home. Again, WHOO HOO!!!!!

3 comments:

Rylee said...

Congrats on both the car and the house. I bet it feels GREAT! Wish we could see it!

Andrea said...

I am so happy for you!!! I didn't get the car statement, but I just read the next post's title, so I'll have to read that!!

Dave and Amy said...

I am so happy for you. I am glad it is finally done. I wish I could come to the home warming party. I miss you guys.

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog