Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Restaurant update

For those of you who have read the restaurant review, you know I really liked Thaiphoon at the Gateway. Welllllll, I'm going to have to reduce my rating to a 2 star or so, I'm really over it. I've since been back twice and both times the food was really average and not worth the added expense. In fact, I'd say just about any Thai restaurant in town has better Pad Thai at half the price. The price isn't really the big deal to me, but I really like Thai food, and this place just isn't stacking up all the sudden. Oh, and the service was really crappy last time too, the guy never even came around to re-fill our water glasses even once! So, if you're in the mood for Thai food, there are way better places. If you're at the Gateway and you're hungry, walk to the other end of the Mall and go to Z-Tejas, can't miss there!

Update: we went to Rusted Sun again tonight. If there was another star I could give this place I would. It is the best Calzone place I've ever been to, and I've had Calzone in Manhattan! It is GREAT food. We had the BBQ Chicken Calzone and it was SO good. If you're in the mood for Great calzone (I imagine the pizza is just as good) be sure to check this place out. It's On state just North of 21st south on the West side of State next to Curry in a Hurry (which I haven't dared try just yet LOL) Go and enjoy!

No comments:

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog