Thursday, June 25, 2009

Movie Review


Went and saw the proposal with a group of friends. I'm truly not sure why we saw this movie, but it turned out to be pretty good.

I'm a fan of both Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock, so it worked out well. It's actually pretty funny. I've always thought Ryan Reynolds was funny, ever since his stint on "Two guys a girl and a Pizza place". In fact, I'm going to go see if I can find it on DVD, it was hilarious.

So this movie follows the romantic comedy formula, and does it well - kudos to the guy who read "Romantic Comedies for Dummies" and created a fine example.

If you've seen the commercials for this movie, you know what's up - Sandra Bullock is Canadian and is going to be deported and lose her job, so she ropes her assistant, Ryan Reynolds, into marrying her. They go to visit his family, hilarity ensues. Of course, there is an old love interest back home for Ryan, so there is the requisite tension there, and Betty White is the crazy grandma and she is really funny. Good times.

So, if you have 2 hours to kill and $6 for a matinee, go see it. If you're on a date and it's too cold to go to Boondocks, go to this movie. If you're with a cute girl (or boy, depending on your preference), hold her hand. I'll give it a 3.5 out of 5 and a solid gold star for sticking to the formula.

No comments:

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog