Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Jazz Games '09

I love going to the Jazz games. Big surprise. I've been to 3 or 4 this season, and I just love it - can't get enough of it (fortunately they've won each game - my feelings might be a LITTLE different if they lost, but I still enjoy going...) By the way, THANK YOU to the people who have invited me to go with them to games, I truly appreciate it :-)

Last night was SUCH a great game!!! The Jazz fell behind early and were down by as many as 15 in the second quarter and fought back to 8 at halftime.

Halftime for this game wasn't nearly as funny as the Memphis game. At the Memphis game, they had two contestants dressed up in those puffy "sumo wrestler" suits and they had to run blue or red balls over to a barrel and deposit them. The contestant with the most balls of his/her color in the barrel won some prize. Little Bear, was in the way trying to slow the contestants down a little, to make it a little more challenging. It's pretty funny (for those of you who haven't seen little bear, he's hilarious). Then, Big Bear decides to get in on the action and lays a hit on the red contestant, and this person was down for the count, while the blue contestant just kept scoring points. The trainers came out and had to assist the red contestant off the court. It was pure comedy. I bet Big Bear was SWEATIN it, thinking he had a lawsuit on his hands. Maybe the contestants had to sign a waiver to participate. I bet the red contestant didn't think he'd be leaving with a concussion!

Anyway, the Jazz came back in the 3rd Quarter and just smacked the Spurs to go up by 10 at the beginning of the 4th quarter - punctuated by this Deron Williams dunk over Tony Parker Just awesome and the place went nuts!!! (I was a little disappointed the place wasn't full, but the roads were pretty crappy - still - the true fans were there ;-) )

The 4th quarter started with SA going back up by 1, yep an 11-0 run, ridiculous. But that is the NBA, anyone can make a significant run at any point in a game. It just made the end of the 4th quarter SUPER exciting, edge of your seat stuff and the Jazz pulled out the win in dramatic fashion, showing some real heart and tenacity. It was just a great game to attend!!!

If I could afford it, I would go to EVERY game. GO JAZZ!!!

1 comment:

Sam, The Nanti-SARRMM said...

Just wanted to say that your comment on Mormon Bachelor Pad's mouse post made me laugh. Keep on the humor!

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog