Monday, September 7, 2009

Moochie's!

I was in SLC and decided I'd drop in to Moochie's for a Philly Cheesesteak. This is another "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" recommended location. They did not disappoint again - that's 3 in a row.

The philly cheesesteak is a sandwich that is often just made however a restaurant wants and they call it a philly cheesesteak. There really is only one style of real philly cheesesteak, and that's kind of "roach-coach" style where the steak and the other ingredients are all cooked up on a grill together with some melted american cheese (or Velveeta, but I don't like velveeta). This place actually grills up the bun on the sandwich filling, and it is scrumptuous (spell?) I only got a 6", and that was plenty! I also got the macaroni salad because it looked good, but I'll tell you right now - if you go, anything besides the sandwich is completely superfluous! I almost didn't even want to drink my water. They do have their own jalapeno sauce, which I tried on the last 2 bites (I Was so into this sandwich that I totally forgot about the sauce!) and it's good but completely unnecessary.

So, there is something wrong with my blog right now and it looks screwy and isn't giving me an option to upload pictures. Who knows. I'm sure it'll be fixed soon and I'll show you how delicious this sandwich is :-D I'll be going back ASAP for the meatball sub that looked ridiculously good, and I don't even like meatballs!!! For the philly cheesesteak, Moochie's gets the 4.5 stars. Great sandwich, not as good overall as Lone Star's fish tacos.

2 comments:

Rylee said...

that place looks so yummy. i'm excited to go eventually. we are hitting up a bunch of dd&d places in san diego next month, should be fun!

Jim Hadlock said...

This is Mom: Ryan you are torturing us! There is nothing in New Zealand that would even come close to that OR fish tacos. Keep a list of these places and we will visit them all when we get home in a year.

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog