Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Live from Soccer! Go Griff!

As you can see, Griff's uniform color is yellow. His team name is the Lemon Squirts. Not AF United, not Rangers, not Real AF, not even the Kickers...the Lemon Squirts. *pause* This is an ALL boys team. I guess you can tell they have a woman coach...anyway...

Griff played in goal for most of the 2nd half and I think he might have found his soccer calling. I know I'm his dad and I'm a bit biased, but he made 3 SPECTACULAR saves! DIVING saves no less! The goal-keeper in the first half let balls just roll right past him without even moving - yes, coaching is an issue with this team. Anyway, he cleared one ball off the line to his left that I thought was a sure goal, but he laid out and snagged it with his left hand fully extended. It was amazing. Didn't change the fact that his team had given up 7 goals in the first half, but they had fun anyway, and Griffin just smiles and enjoys himself through the whole game. Good job Griff!!!

No comments:

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog