Saturday, May 22, 2010

Big Griff had his second coach-pitch game today as a member of the Angels! This should be a good season for Griff. He has a coach that (other than what you'll read in a minute) is really teaching the boys some good things and it's already showing. The boys hit and fielded really well today. And all I can say is Griff may have found his sport! Here are the pics:

Griff in his catcher's mask. I think he mostly just liked looking like a Star Wars character, but he did well behind the plate!

There he is in action, not a bad catcher's squat. He even got after the opposing coach for pitching too fast, so Griff couldn't gather all the baseballs fast enough, pretty funny.

This is a second before he DRILLED a deep shot to left field with bases loaded!!!! The bases cleared but his coach held him at 3rd for some dumb reason and cost him the grand slam! I loudly told the coach not to hold him, but apparently we're playing new-age wuss baseball where we show compassion for the other team (another dad told me to show some compassion, I just laughed to myself and let it go.) Regardless, it was an AWESOME hit by Griff, I'm so proud of all the good things that kid is doing! :-)

That is a big 7-year old! Hope he likes football too! He does tend to tackle people on the soccer field, so maybe that's a sign. :-D

Oh, we did go out shopping on Thursday when he came over and we got me a matching Angels hat so I can rep the team. B-)

1 comment:

Jim Hadlock said...

Good game Grif. You look great in your uniform and the catchers mask! We will do a video call this coming week? We love you. Grandpa and Grandma H.

Some of my favorite Griff pics - pre-blog